Who are we?
KCS has been providing expert cleaning services for over 70 years, rapidly growing from its roots as a respected, local window cleaning business, to a nationwide commercial cleaning company, serving some of the country’s best known names. Our company’s headquarters is located in Hull, East Yorkshire. The headquarters’ registered office address is Shine House, 120 Londesborough Street, Hull, HU3 1DR.
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you are using our services.
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third-party data aggregators, KCS marketing partners, public sources or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent to them to share your personal data with others.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and KCS.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales, direct marketing and customer service. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
- Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Provide you content and venue details on a webinar or event you signed up for.
- Reply to a ‘Contact Us’ or other web forms you have completed on the KCS website (e.g. to download a document/PDF).
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Provide you with access and services related to KCS.
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, license details, invoice, reminders, and similar. The contract may be with KCS directly or with a KCS partner.
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services.
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on KCS products and services.
- Process a job application.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents: The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts: We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest: We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between KCS and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
If you apply for a job at KCS, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
KCS does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that KCS holds about you.
- The right to request that KCS corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for KCS to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
- If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from KCS, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that KCS provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to email@example.com
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information on to our distributors, agents, sub-contractors and other associated organizations with the purpose of them providing services to you on our behalf.
If required by law: We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the website’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
This website uses the following types of first party cookies:
- Session Cookies: Used to remember user preferences during your visit.
- Persistent Cookies: These remain stored on your device after you leave our website.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your website experience more efficient may not function properly.
In addition to cookies, we also connect to third-party services to enhance the functionality and provide specific features on our website. These include:
- Analytics and Tracking: Services like Google Analytics and Jetpack Monitor help us understand website traffic and usage.
- Fonts and Icons: We use Google Fonts and Font Awesome for website aesthetics.
- Advertising: We utilise Google Ads Conversion Tracking and the Facebook Pixel to aid us with online advertising. Google Ads Conversion Tracking allows us to understand how our Google Ads campaigns are performing and track actions that users take on our website after clicking on one of our ads. The Facebook Pixel enables us to measure, optimise, and build audiences for our advertising campaigns on Facebook, providing insight into how our users interact with our site after viewing our Facebook ads. You can learn more about Google’s data collection practices by reading Google’s Privacy and Terms on https://policies.google.com/ and Facebook’s practices on https://www.facebook.com/policy.php.
- Site Management: Google Tag Manager and WordPress Stats help in website management.
Please refer to the individual privacy policies of these third-party providers to understand their data collection and processing practices. You may opt-out or modify settings related to these services through the respective provider’s settings or contact us for assistance.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our website policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include third-party links on our website. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these websites.
01482 648737 (Hull)
0113 863 1525 (Leeds)
Kingston Cleaning Services
120 Londesborough Street,